With cooler temperatures and a drizzle in the air, I’ve been looking for activities to keep my girls busy. If you are a momma like me, you know that keeping the kiddos sane and entertained can drive you absolutely BATTY!
Today, I wanted to share some of my littles’ favorite Halloween fine motor activities.
- Spider Rings (I added rubber snakes)
- Bucket or Small Container
How to Make “Snake & Spider Sneak Away”
- Cut yarn to desired length. I did about 3/4 of a yard
- Tie one end of yarn to one end of the basket
- String the yarn back and forth through the holes on the basket. Go in all different directions so that it looks like a spider web
- Add plastic spiders and snakes to the bottom of the basket
How to Play
- Similar to the game Operation, try to SNEAK the spiders and snakes past the web with your clothespin.
- Try not to get them stuck in the web!
- You can take the game even further by sorting the spiders and snakes by animal and by color into a small bucket or container.
- Orange Pom Poms
- Green pipe cleaners
- Hot Glue
- Pumpkin Basket
How to Make “Pumpkin Patch Pick Up”
- Cut green pipe cleaners to desired stem length
- Hot glue stems to orange Pom Pom
- Let hot glue cool
How to Play
Using the clothespin (or your fingers- for itty bittys) , pick your pumpkins out of the patch and drop it in the Pumpkin Basket.
- Round Cardboard Cake Sheet
- Scrapbook Paper
- Modge Podge
- Hole Puncher
- Halloween Straws
- Spider Rings
- Bucket or small container
How to Make “Spooky Spider Sorter” Base
- Trace the shape of the cake sheet onto your Halloween scrapbook paper
- Cut out the circular shape
- Modge Podge the scrapbook paper onto the cake sheet (See directions on the back of Modge Podge container)
- Let decorated cake sheet dry for a few hours or overnight
- Use the hole punchers to punch holes along the rim. About an inch from the outside (I would aim for about 8 holes)
- Poke straws through hole, alternating colors
- Place all spider rings into a small bucket or container
How to Play
- Using a clothespin or fingers, pull a ring randomly from the bin
- Which ever color is pulled out, place the ring onto the coordinating straw
- Continue until all rings are sorted
So festive and oh so fun! Hopefully, these give you some inspiration for some WICKED FUN activities for you and your little monsters.
Happy Haunting!Tags: Fine Motor, Halloween, Kid Friendly